Mark your calendars and get ready for a Family Matters family weekend full of fun, community, action, and change. We will open the weekend on Friday, September 25th at 3:30 pm with our mobile Silent Auction. After registering, you will receive a link to download the Givi app on your smartphone. The Silent Auction and Giving Tree items will be available on the app from Friday 3:30 pm until Sunday 9:30 pm. Saturday will feature a Walk and Roll-A-Thon beginning at 10:00 am and starting at Willye B. White Park. On Sunday, we will close the weekend with a Virtual Gala, beginning at 7:00 pm.
We hope you will participate in as many activities as possible!
Please join us for our Annual Walk & Roll -A-Thon – COVID-19 Edition. Youth and their families from our community, donors, volunteers, and staff, will be raising funds in support of our mission to overcome structural racism and systemic oppression. This year, we are adding a “wheels” component for those who want to come out and support the event in person and would prefer to ride their bikes or scooters. Participants also have the option of doing a personal Walk or Roll-A-Thon by securing pledges and walking or rolling at a time and place most convenient for them. We will record the event via FB Live and Instagram Live for those who choose to participate from home.
Walk and Roll-A-Thon Schedule
- 9:00 am – Registration (for those who have yet to register) and face mask pickup
- 9:05 am – Photobooth opens
- 9:50 am – Drum dedication and poem reading in memory of Dan McNeil
- 9:58 am – Send off by State Rep. Kelly Cassidy
- 10:00 am – Walk and Roll-A-Thon begins
- 11:30 am – Boxed “lunches” will be passed out
- 12:30 pm – Event Ends
Walk and Roll-A-Thon Route
Join us on Sunday, September 27th for our Virtual Gala. This year’s Gala will begin at 7:00 pm and end at 8:00 pm. For those who purchase the individual or household packages, food deliveries and pickups will be scheduled from 5:15 pm to 6:45 pm. Select from one of our local restaurant partners. Each restaurant has a set number of orders they can fill, so purchase early to ensure your first-choice restaurant. Bid on silent auction items, make paddle raise pledges, and participate in the newly created “Changemaker of the Night,” via the Givi app on your smartphone. You will receive an email with a link to set up the app once you register below.
- Individual Package – $175.00 – event code, changemakers bracelet, and specially curated three-course dinner, including beverage, delivered from one of our restaurant partners
- Household Package – $350.00 – event code, changemakers bracelet, and specially curated three-course dinner, including beverage, for 2-3 people delivered from one of our restaurant partners
- Event Only – $75.00 – event code and changemakers bracelet
- 5:00 pm – Virtual Gala link “opens” with a pre-event playlist specially curated by FM staff and youth
- 5:15 pm – Restaurant deliveries and pickups start for those who have purchased the full package
- 6:45 pm – Deliveries and pickup times end
- 7:00 pm – Event begins with a welcome from our Board President, Cynthia Patti
- 7:03 pm – Storyteller , Dr. Charmonique
- 7:13 pm – Family Matters video
- 7:15 pm – Paddle raise begins
- 7:58 pm – Closing from Executive Director, Kim Delong
- 8:00 pm – Event Ends
- 9:30 pm – Auction Closes