Family Matters is preparing for its 32nd Annual Walk & Roll-A-Thon, a much-anticipated community event that brings together youth, families, and the community in joyful celebration. Last year, we raised more than $50,000 to support Family Matters’ youth development and community collaboration work. This year, we are looking forward to a day filled with stories, music, carnival games, and food, and we are inviting you to be a part of it.
For more than 34 years, Family Matters has partnered with youth, families, and communities to cultivate a way of living in the world that develops strong relationships, meaningful communication, and safe environments for courageous social change. We seek to build an equitable society for all.
The Walk & Roll-A-Thon will take place on Saturday, October 2nd at Willye B. White Park (1610 W. Howard Street). We anticipate 200-250 attendees and our goal is to raise $62,000.
All proceeds will fund Family Matters’ programs:
- The Family Matters School, a K-3 cooperative microschool with a focus on experiential learning
- Respectful Communities, a Principles of Leadership training course
- Project RISE, a teen job-skills training and leadership development program
- Partners in Learning, a one-to-one after-school tutoring/mentoring program
- Community Engagement, a partnership with families and members of the community involved in ongoing activities and initiatives beyond those participating in daily programming
When: Saturday, October 2, 2021 | 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Registration 9:00 AM
Send-Off 10:30 AM
Picnic 12:15 PM
Closing 2:30 PM
Where: Walk & Roll begins and ends at Willye B. White Park, 1610 W. Howard St., Chicago, IL.